Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

Why is everyone a marketing expert?

After reading this week's Monday Morning Memo that I receive from Roy Williams of the Academy of Wizards I can't help but marvel at the mindset of countless business owners.

Why is it that a business owner who is an expert in their particular industry feels that they are also an expert in marketing - despite their lack of expertise?

It never ceases to amaze me how many times I have clients refuse to take my advice or heed my warnings - only to have them come back to say "my ad didn't work"..... "Really?" I say, "well I AM surprised!"

But it was rather reassuring that it's not just me. Roy Williams, with many, many more years of experience than me, still to this day deals with this very same problem. His solution - he works only with the clients who value his experience & will take his advice & use it.

An interesting concept to ponder.


Sent from my BlackBerry ~ Tanya Thibodeau, Publisher

No comments:

Post a Comment